Saturday, April 29, 2023

On Basilisk Station by David Weber

 

On Basilisk Station is an epic science fiction opera taking place in deep space. It is the first of the Honor Harrington books. The Kingdom of Manticore is much like Great Britain. Our main character is Honor Harrington a new captain who is assigned to Basilisk Station which is in the backend of nowhere and is where people are sent when they want to get rid of them. But when the president of Manticore’s enemies, The People Republic of Haven, attacks it is up to Honor to protect Manticore from oncoming invasion. My one complaint of this book is that Weber spends way too much time explaining how the technology works. It has a tendency to pull me out of the story while I’m reading. I’ve seen Star Trek and Star Wars. I understand light speed, people. Anyway, if you enjoy epic science fiction I would suggest this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment