Friday, April 7, 2023

Quatermass and the Pit (1967)

 

I have been trying to think of what to actually do with this blog. I started it because Google seemed an easier platform than others. I then started a wordpress blog because I noticed that only those with Google accounts could comment. I then started using it as a means to force myself to watch some of the movies that I have on my shelves. I have now decided to branch out of my fantasy blog and do a blog on Science Fiction

Quatermass and the Pit or Five Million Years to Earth is technically a sequel to The Quatermass Xperiment and Quatermass 2 and is based on an earlier BBC television serial. You do not need to have seen any of the earlier media to understand the plot of this movie.

The movie begins when they start to build a new London Underground near a place called at Hobbs End, a place with a long history of mysterious happenings. While digging they find a five million year old ape man and a very mysterious object. At first the Object is suspected to be an unexploded bomb, but when mysterious things start to happen as they try to get into the Object, Quatermass begins to think that something else is at work. This is a great slow burn Sci-Fi horror.


No comments:

Post a Comment