Saturday, July 6, 2024

The Fantastic Four (2005)

 


The reason this is my favorite Fantastic Four is rather superficial. I have a Hollywood crush on Ioan Gruffudd. That being said it’s always fun to see Chris Evans as the more irresponsible Johnny Storm since he has played the by the book Captain America for the last few years. Also the casting is right on. In the newer version (which I admit that at this point I haven’t seen) just seems off. The actress that plays Sue Storm seems so much older than the actor who plays Reed Richards. Since they’re supposed to get together this just seems off. Gruffudd does a wonderful job as the socially awkward Richards. The character I have always felt badly for is Ben Grimm. The rest of the characters can pretend to be human but Ben no longer looks human. I always found it so sad. Anyway this movie is great and deserves more love in a world over saturated with superhero movies.


No comments:

Post a Comment