Monday, April 29, 2019

Seven Samurai 1954


The Seven Samurai is the original Japanese Magnificent Seven. Since I have seen several versions of the Magnificent Seven I was able to follow the story line fairly well even though it was in Japanese with English subtitles. It tells the same story as its subsequent remakes. Poor villagers are raided frequently by bandits. Poor villagers go into town to find people to help protect their village from the bandits. They find a loner warrior who gathers together seven of the best and greatest to help protect the village. It was interesting to see the different culture view of some of the main events in the story as opposed to the American version in the Old West. I won’t say more because I don’t want to spoil it for you should you choose to watch it. It was good. I may like my Americanized version a tad bit better but I am not sorry I watched it.

No comments:

Post a Comment