Monday, April 8, 2019

My Fair Lady (1964)



For a couple of years now I have been having a blog both here and on Wordpress. I have decided that this is silly. I have decided to keep my Wordpress account as my fantasy blog and this one I will take in a different direction.  A friend of mine has a book entitled 501 Movies You Should Watch Before You Die. I also feel the need to watch the movies I own and find out if they do indeed “spark joy.” I will be varying between movies on the list and a post I am calling every movie I have ever owned. You can probably guess which ones are which simply by the quality of the movie!
First blog post: My Fair Lady (1964)
A classic musical where the young Eliza Doolittle, a cockney flower girl, decides to get English lessons from one Professor Henry Higgins. Higgins belittles her and tries his best to turn her into a high class lady. How they both change and improve over the course of this movie is the basis of the story. Even though Higgins is still a jerk at the end of the movie he admits that he needs Eliza, which is in itself a miracle. It is a great musical with such memorable musical numbers as “Why Can’t the English” and “Wouldn’t it Be Loverly.” One of the best musicals of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment