Monday, October 9, 2017

Interview with the Vampire (1994)


Interview with the Vampire is based on the book by Ann Rice of the same name. I have not read the book at this time, so this will just be about the movie. The story revolves around Louis, played by Brad Pitt, Lestat, played by Tom Cruise, and Claudia played by a young Kirsten Dunst. Louis is telling the story of his life to Malloy, a reporter, thus the title of the movie. Louis is full of remorse and angst about his role as a vampire and whines the entire time. He is really quite annoying. My favorite characters were Claudia and Lestat. They knew they were vampires and didn’t care about those around them. This might sound horrible, but that’s kind of how I like my vampires. I don’t like the whiny vampires that go on and on about how horrible it is to be undead. I like the ones that take control of their destiny and accept their fate. Whether they choose to be good or bad doesn’t matter to me as long as they aren’t whining. In fact, I feel that way about any character… But if you’re looking for a good vampire movie for the season I would suggest this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment