Sunday, November 13, 2016

Withered Leaves by SilvanElf



So for this entry I wanted to start a new category. I have decided to entitle it E Literature. This is where I will review things like books only available as ebooks and fanfiction. This category will be a little more sporadic than my other categories because I don't really read many of these, but I still enjoy them.
            So to get started, Withered Leaves by SilvanElf is a story about Legolas, Gimli, and Aragorn after the events of The Lord of the Rings. It begins with a great drought that has swept through Middle Earth and destroyed everything in its path. The great forest of Mirkwood is dying because there is not enough water for the trees. Add this the issue of pirate raid who knows that the elves are stretched thin enough already, and it makes for an enjoyable romp through the world of Middle Earth.
            I know the writer of this story and I can tell that she has a great respect for Tolkien and his work. Although she has told me that had she read more of the history of Middle Earth before writing this story, she would never have even attempted to write a story taking place there. I for one am glad she did, because I enjoyed reading the story.
If you're also interested in reading it you can find it at: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/515471/silvanelf.  

No comments:

Post a Comment