Thursday, August 6, 2015

My Lord Vampire



             
I first read this book several years ago. When I was finding the pictures to put here on this site, I noticed another book popping up with the same title but with another author's name. At first I didn't think anything of it until I noticed some pictures lining them  up together. Looking further into the plot line of the second book, I realized that it was the same story! Debbie Raleigh had originally published it under her "regency" pseudonym. When she decided to start writing paranormal romances under the name Alexandra Ivy, she re-released them under her new pseudonym. I really do hate it when authors do this. You think you are getting a new book because the cover is different (and in this case the author as well), and it's all a lie.
            Anyway, now that my rant is done, let me tell you a bit about this book, which is one of the few vampire novels that I have read and enjoyed. It is the first in the "Immortal Rogue" series, My Lord Eternity and Lord Immortality follow. All of these books are excellent and I have read them several times.
            The basic premise of the series is that centuries before the great vampire Nefri created the magical Veil where vampires could live in peace away from the temptations of mortals, but now three evil vampires convinced of their superiority over the human race have returned to Earth to reclaim what they feel is theirs. To do this they need the magical Medallion that Nefri used to create the Veil in the first place. To prevent the evil vampires from getting this Medallion, Nefri bound it to the souls of three mortal women: Simone, Jocelyn, and Amelia. She then sends out three noble vampires: Gideon, Lucien, and Sebastian to protect these maidens, and since these are romances you know what will happen.
            Anyway this first story follows the romance of Simone and Gideon. Simone is a wealthy widow who is the life of any party and she doesn't like Gideon one bit. She thinks he's arrogant and way too mysterious. Plus Simone can't let anyone get to close to her because she bears a terrible secret as well. One that could ruin everything she holds dear. A good clean romance that any will enjoy. The book is available under Alexandra Ivy in paperback, nook, and kindle. You can also purchase used copies under the original Debbie Raleigh name.

No comments:

Post a Comment