Saturday, May 20, 2023

Star Trek: Enterprise (2001-2005)

 

I liked enough of these episodes to talk about it here. You will figure out after a while that although I love Star Trek there are some series and movies that I have not seen and don’t really want to see. I have also decided to post my Star Trek blog posts in chronological order, so although several series aired before Enterprise, it is the first one that I am reviewing.

Enterprise covers the first crew of the Enterprise led by Captain Jonathan Archer. I actually really liked the theme song and the characters. I think my favorite episode is the second episode of the second season called Carbon Creek. In this episode, Vulcan T’Pol reveals that her ancestor T’Mir and her shipmates were actually the first to make contact with humanity when their ship crashed outside of Carbon Creek. They then lived as humans until they could be rescued.

I also feel that the show was cheated in their final episode. Instead of giving the crew a true series finale they decided to make it all a hologram program ran by Riker during the events of Next Generation. Not only does Jonathan Frakes look much older than he did during Next Gen, but the idea that it was all his hologram program cheated the characters out of their own time to shine. However I did like the last five minutes where all three captains of the Enterprise give the opening speech. It can be heard here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXotJu1CapU

No comments:

Post a Comment