Monday, June 10, 2019

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)


Can anything ever compare to the original Star Wars? Now called A New Hope it started an international phenomenon. And it was a new hope, a new hope for Science Fiction fans the world over. I grew up on this movie. My parents had taped it off the antenna before or shortly after I was born. One of my best childhood memories is when the first round of special editions came out shortly before the advent of the Phantom Menace. My parents took my brother and me to see Star Wars on the big screen. It was so beautiful and even growing up with improved special effects I was amazed at the practical effects on the big screen. Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, they are a part of my childhood and adulthood. It’s funny, as a kid Return of the Jedi was my favorite Star Wars movie, and as I’ve grown older it has become the original epic. I still love Return but there’s something about a New Hope that is eternally enduring. And nothing will ever compare to it, no matter how many sequels and prequels they make.

No comments:

Post a Comment