Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Marvel


The Marvel Cinematic Universe has spanned over ten years and dives both into fantasy and science fiction. For the sake of time and space I am only including the first movie where the characters appeared and then only ones I like J.


X Men (2000)
The first in the current running X Men cinematic universe. Hugh Jackman in his heyday makes for a wonderful conflicted Wolverine. He doesn’t need anyone but as they fight Magneto he joins up with the X Men to save the young Rogue from Magneto’s evil plans. Such a great movie with a conflicted villain that doesn’t actually seem all that bad.
The Fantastic Four (2005)
I love Ioan Gruffudd and I love his adaptation of Reed Richards. A sort of shy absent minded professor who really only wants to do the right thing. I guess the one I always felt the worst for was the Thing. The rest could pretend to be human, but Ben was always stuck looking like a rock monster.
The Amazing Spiderman (2012)
This I think is my favorite version of the hero bit by the radioactive spider. I guess because I think Andrew Garfield is cute. Anyway it is the same story just perhaps a little better written.
Iron Man (2008)

The first of the official Marvel cinematic universe. Iron Man is egotistic and a little annoying, but he admits this and continues with his life trying a little to stop the weapons that he created. You can get behind a hero like that.
Thor (2011)

And now we get to where science fiction meets fantasy. Thor is a part of Earth’s mythology. He is the Thunder god. But in this version he is simply a greatly advanced alien but with a little bit of magic thrown in. It is one of my favorites in the Marvel universe.
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
When watching this movie you can relate the words of Mrs. Whatsit, “There is such a thing as a tesseract.” Captain America is perhaps one of Marvel’s most noble of heroes. He’s fighting for a cause he feels is right (against the Nazis and Hydra) and is all together a good guy. Perhaps why this one is also a favorite.
The Avengers (2012)
And everyone comes together to defeat Loki and a bunch of aliens. What’s not to like?
The Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
The first time I watched the trailer for this movie I couldn’t get over that two of its main characters are a raccoon and a talking tree. But afterwards I really enjoyed it. Because of its subject matter it doesn’t take itself too seriously and I love it!

Doctor Strange (2016)
A character that shows who really does show character growth, Doctor Steven Strange goes from being a very self-centered surgeon to a slightly humbled wizard. And that’s what makes this story so great, he is a wizard!
This is of course only a small sampling of all the Marvel movies made over the years but enjoy all the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment