Sunday, August 6, 2017

Bewitched (1964-1972)


Bewitched is one of those shows I absolutely loved as a child and when I saw it as an adult, I just thought to myself what really was I thinking? Still if it happens to rerun on TV, it’s total mindless entertainment for a lazy, rainy afternoon.

As an adult one of the things that bugged me was Darrin’s insistence that Samantha use no magic whatsoever. That they had to be “normal.” Hey if I was alone with my sweetie and he could wiggle his nose and clean the house, cook dinner, and wash the dishes? Wiggle away, darling. I understand we needed some tension in the story, and Darrin provided that tension. That and Samantha’s relatives showing up to tell her that she shouldn’t have married Darrin in the first place. I think one of the funniest episodes is when Samantha finds a picture of herself from back in the 1600s and she’s trying to keep it from Darrin because she doesn’t want him to know she’s that old.

No comments:

Post a Comment