Thursday, November 26, 2015

The China Garden by Liz Berry



I admit that at first I wasn't sure about this book. Our main character, Clare, starts off by whining a lot. My mommy doesn't understand me, she hate my boyfriend, she doesn't agree with my career choice. Wah, Wah, Wah. But I promised a friend that I'd read the book, so I kept on. Once we got to Ravensmere, things started to pick up. Clare stopped whining quite so much and the mystery of the place intrigued me. Se there's something ancient and magical at Ravensmere and only the psychic children of "two houses alike in dignity" (and yes I did quote Romeo and Juliet, but I promise that this story has a happy ending. :) ) can protect the secret of Ravensmere from the outside world. This is also where the "bad boy" Mark comes in. For Mark is the destined husband of Clare, the illegitimate son of the other "house". So I'd say give this book a chance. Once the story gets going, it's really quite good!

No comments:

Post a Comment